Gym Etiquette - How to ensure a pleasant workout for everyone
UniSport gyms have a gym etiquette that every trainer should follow to ensure that training is smooth and comfortable for everyone.
- Keep your outerwear and bags in the dressing room. For small equipment and belongings you can bring a small 'gymsack' to the gym.
- Use a towel and clean gym shoes or socks when you are training at the gym.
- Train safely. Do not throw or drop equipment or weights.
- Clean the equipment after use.
- Return the weights and equipment you use back to their correct places.
- After you finish, clean up after yourself, including sweat, chalk and trash.
- Be considerate of other people training at the gym. Do make way for others between your repetitions.
- At this gym people can also train in instructed groups. Please be considerate of the people or groups being instructed and make way for them.
- Inform the customer service desk of any faulty or broken equipment.
Remember that socialising with other gym goers increases well-being. Feel free to smile!
Safe and fun training!